The amazingly advanced and totally re-engineered Glidecam HD-Series™ from Glidecam Industries represents the top of the line in hand-held Camera Stabilization.
The lightweight and state-of-the-art Glidecam HD-1000, HD-2000 and HD-4000 hand-held Camera Stabilizers will transform your hard to watch, shaky camera footage into hypnotically smooth, professional footage.
The Glidecam HD-Series offers advanced features and a degree of sophistication never before seen in a line of Hand-held Camera Stabilizers.
With the Glidecam HD-Series hand-held Stabilizers your camcorder seems to float, always balanced, isolated from your hands undesirable motions. Now you are free to move with your camera – panning, tilting, booming or running without any camera instability or shake.
The Glidecam HD-Series works so well that it allows you to shoot incredibly smooth and graceful shots even while going to extremes like running up and down stairs or traveling over rugged terrain. And when it comes to normal shooting, like walking or moving the camera slowly around someone, the results are equally magical.
Each HD-Series Stabilizer’s offset, foam cushioned, Handle Grip is attached to a free floating, three axis Gimbal. This allows your hand to move up and down, and side-to-side, thereby isolating your hand’s unwanted motions from the camera. This up and down movement alleviates the bouncing, pogo type action often associated with our competitor’s system because their handle cannot move up and down. This design feature, coupled with the overall higher inertia of the HD-Series systems, produces superior stabilization when compared with our competition.
A unique and proprietary, precision, three-axis Gimbal incorporates several adjustable, axis convergence controls. This allows all three axes to intersect for proper operational alignment.
A camera-mounting platform with a quick-release, no-tools, drop-on camera plate allows you to quickly attach or remove your camera. Ergonomic, control knobs allow quick, precise adjustment of the top stage’s back and forth, and side-to-side movement. These controls allow you to adjust the camera’s horizontal balance.
By varying the amount of Counter Weights on the Base Platform, or by changing the length of the no-tools telescoping Central Post, you adjust the camera’s vertical balance. When balanced properly the camera floats, ready for you to move into action.
The Glidecam HD Series stabilizers offer unparalleled controllability and ease of use with their unique rigid, yet dynamically adjustable, control and weight distribution surfaces. Setting up, controlling and adjusting system balance is now quick and precise.
A unique and proprietary Dynamic Base Platform can expand or contract. This allows you to easily adjust the systems dynamic balance or to increase or decrease the systems rotational pan inertia.
Glidecam HD-Series Head
The Glidecam HD-Series Head Assembly.
Glidecam HD-Series HD-2000
The Glidecam HD-2000 from the Glidecam HD-Series.
Glidecam HD-Series HD-4000.
The Glidecam HD-4000 from the Glidecam HD-Series.
- Fine adjustment Dynamic Camera Balance Platform (Camera Mounting Platform)
- Integrated quick-release Camera Plate
- Adjustable convergence, precision, three-axis Gimbal
- No-tools Telescoping Center Post
- Adjustable dynamic balance and inertial-control Base Platform
- Foam padded Handle Grip
- Precision Bearings at all vital points
- Made with precision Aluminum
- Anodized Studio Black
- Laser etched Labeling
- Allows unrestricted Booming and 360 degree Panning
- Rubber feet under Base Platform
- Made in USA.
- Designed for compact, low profile cameras weighing from 2 to 6 pounds.
- X,Y Head Dimensions: 7.5″ x 4.125″ x 1”
- Base Platform Dimensions: shortest—11.5” x 4” Longest—15” x 4”
- Central Support Post: 1″ diameter
- 15″ tall in shortest mode
- 22″ tall in longest mode
- Weight: 2.53 pounds without Counter Weight Plates.
- Each Custom Counter Weight Plate averages .272 pounds.
- The Glidecam HD-2000 includes 12 custom Counter Weight Plates.
- 12 Counter Weight Plates = 3.264 pounds
- Camera Mounting Plate has 1/4″ mounting holes
- Base Platform has 1/4″ mounting hole for optional LCD Monitor attachment.
- Made in USA.