Glidecam Industries introduces the Glidecam HD-PRO. With twenty five years in the making, the Glidecam HD-PRO represents the most affordable, full featured, hand-held camera stabilizer Glidecam has ever offered. Machined out of experience, and forged with the operator in mind, the Glidecam HD-PRO once again delivers the state-of-the-art sophistication and design that Glidecam is famous for.
The Glidecam HD-PRO’s all-new, and meticulously designed, features combine the best components of our popular Glidecam HD-Series with some of the high-end professional features normally found exclusively on the camera sleds of our more elaborate body-mounted systems.
Designed for film and video cameras weighing up to 10 lbs. (4.53 kg.), the lightweight and rugged Glidecam HD-PRO will transform your hard to watch, shaky camera footage into hypnotically smooth, professional footage.
With the Glidecam HD-PRO hand-held Stabilizer your camera seems to float, always balanced, isolated from your hands undesirable motions. Now you are free to move with your camera – panning, tilting, booming or running without any camera instability or shake.
The Glidecam HD-PRO works so well that it allows you to shoot incredibly smooth and graceful shots even while going to extremes like running up and down stairs or traveling over rugged terrain. And, when it comes to normal shooting, like walking or moving the camera slowly around someone, the results are equally magical.
Glidecam HD-PRO Head.
The precision, Camera Balance Platform (X-Y Head, or Top Stage) incorporates a quick-release, no-tools, drop-in Dovetail Camera Plate, Brass Alignment pin, Spring Loaded Quick Release Plate Lock, Push Button Quick Release that allows you to quickly attach or remove your camera. Ergonomic, fine-tuning, control knobs allow quick and precise adjustment of the Camera Balance Platform’s front-to-back and side-to-side movement. These controls allow you to quickly adjust the system’s horizontal balance.
Glidecam HD-PRO Gimbal.
A unique and proprietary, precision, no-tools, Three-Axis Gimbal incorporates several adjustable, axis convergence controls. This allows all three axes to intersect for proper operational alignment.
Glidecam HD-PRO Base Platform.
The unique and proprietary, Dynamic Base Platform is designed to manually expand or contract. This allows you to easily adjust the system’s dynamic balance, or to increase or decrease the system’s rotational pan inertia. The Glidecam HD-PRO Dynamic Base Platform has a 1/4″ mounting hole for mounting a monitor.
- Fine adjustment Dynamic Camera Balance Platform (Camera Mounting Platform)
- Integrated drop-in dovetail quick-release Camera Plate
- Adjustable convergence, precision, three-axis Gimbal
- No-tools Telescoping Center Post
- Adjustable, inertial-control Base Platform
- Foam padded Handle Grip
- Precision Bearings at all vital points
- Made with precision Aluminum
- Anodized Studio Black
- Laser etched Labeling
- Allows unrestricted Booming and 360 degree Panning
- Rubber feet under Base Platform
- Made in USA
- Designed for film and video cameras weighing up to 10 lbs. (4.53 kg.)
- Camera Mounting Platform Dimensions: 5.25” X 3.5” X 1.5”
- Base Platform Dimensions: Shortest-11.5” x 4” Longest-15” x 4”
- Central Support Post: 1” diameter
- 14” tall in fully contracted mode
- 25” tall in fully expanded mode
- Total Weight is 2 lbs. 14 ozs. without Counter Weight Discs.
- Each Custom Counter Weight Plate averages .272 pounds.
- The Glidecam HD-PRO includes 16 Custom Counter Weight Plates.
- 16 Counter Weight Plates = 3.264 pounds
- Camera Mounting Plate has 1/4” mounting screw.
- The Base Platform has one 1/4” mounting hole for optional LCD Monitor attachment etc.
- Made in USA.